In preparation for @jamesandholly.eots elves’ arrival, their family made an ornament arch, which was later sent to the FabYULEus Elf Duo. In fact, James and Holly’s family made another one this year because it was so popular. Please follow their steps below to make your very own elf return ornament arch.
One wreath circle (Whichever size of your choosing)
Small letters if you want words on your arch (Mine are wood & are from Hobby Lobby (USA)
Ornaments (All of mine are from the Dollar Tree (USA) and stock up on these. You go through them quick. My arch took 52 ornaments to make. Buy more than you think you’ll need.)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks. (Buy more than you think you’ll need.)
Mini Pom Poms to fill in empty spots on your arch.
1. Cut a piece off of the bottom of the wreath circle to make it look more like an arch. This is completely optional.
2. Remove the tops off of the ornaments. This step is a bit of a hassle but makes the ornaments much easier to glue on later.
3. Begin gluing on the ornaments in a cluster. It does not have to be perfect. You will have hot glue strings along the way too.
4. Once you glue half of the ornaments on, take a break. This is a very time consuming project, and your back will thank you.
5. Continue gluing the ornaments for the second half of the arch. If you would like to fill in some of the gaps, put mini pom poms in to cover them up. The Pom poms I used are just from the Dollar Tree (USA).
6. Time for the letters. I’ll be honest, both times I’ve made these arches, the letters are the hardest part to get right. Last year, I got mini letter ornaments from Hobby Lobby (USA) but they didn’t bring them in this year. I am using small wooden letters from Hobby Lobby instead. First, lay the letters out the way you want them to look on the completed ornament arch before gluing. Then go ahead and glue once you like how the placement looks. It is very, very hard to get them even as my letters here don’t even line up perfectly so go easy on yourself.
7. Viola! Your arch is complete and ready to be used for your elf arrival or farewell!
By downloading, you acknowledge that the free printable is intended for personal use only and should not be sold. The FabYULEus Elf Duo share free resources in the spirit of the season, so ask that this request be honored.
Please include a link to FabYULEusElfDuo.com so that we may continue to share these resources for free.
We are happy to be able to reveal a long kept secret. We are proud to announce this year’s Wreath of Excellence Prizes! A new series of elves called Elf Friends by My Magical Moments. They have been prewired with FabYULEus Elf Duo’s Patent Pending Elf Wire Method, so they can pose and stand. Details and photos will soon follow, so be on the look out in our Facebook group, Elf Academy.
If you recognize this little elf, it’s because he belongs to the popular elf influencer, My Magical Moments. FabYULEus Elf Duo feels very honored to have been given the opportunity to wire their elves. They will be traveling back home to Australia this week. If you haven’t visited My Magical Moments, please head on over to: www.mymagicalmoments.com.au